Luke 22.

Luke 22:1-71 [1]Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread, which is called the Passover, was approaching. [2]The chief priests and the scribes were seeking how they might put Him to death; for they were afraid of the people. [3]And Satan entered into Judas who was called Iscariot, belonging to the number of the twelve. [4]And he went away and discussed with the chief priests and officers how he might betray Him to them. [5]They were glad and agreed to give him money. [6]So he consented, and began seeking a good opportunity to betray Him to them apart from the crowd. [7]Then came the first day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. [8]And Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and prepare the Passover for us, so that we may eat it." [9]They said to Him, "Where do You want us to prepare it?" [10]And He said to them, "When you have entered the city, a man will meet you carrying a pitcher of water; follow him into the house that he enters. [11]And you shall say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher says to you, "Where is the guest room in which I may eat the Passover with My disciples?"' [12]And he will show you a large, furnished upper room; prepare it there." [13]And they left and found everything just as He had told them; and they prepared the Passover. The Lord\'s Supper [14]When the hour had come, He reclined at the table, and the apostles with Him. [15]And He said to them, "I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; [16]for I say to you, I shall never again eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God." [17]And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He said, "Take this and share it among yourselves; [18]for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes." [19]And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." [20]And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood. [21]But behold, the hand of the one betraying Me is with Mine on the table. [22]For indeed, the Son of Man is going as it has been determined; but woe to that man by whom He is betrayed!" [23]And they began to discuss among themselves which one of them it might be who was going to do this thing. Who Is Greatest [24]And there arose also a dispute among them as to which one of them was regarded to be greatest. [25]And He said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who have authority over them are called 'Benefactors.' [26]But it is not this way with you, but the one who is the greatest among you must become like the youngest, and the leader like the servant. [27]For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at the table? But I am among you as the one who serves. [28]"You are those who have stood by Me in My trials; [29]and just as My Father has granted Me a kingdom, I grant you [30]that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. [31]"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; [32]but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your brothers." [33]But he said to Him, "Lord, with You I am ready to go both to prison and to death!" [34]And He said, "I say to you, Peter, the rooster will not crow today until you have denied three times that you know Me." [35]And He said to them, "When I sent you out without money belt and bag and sandals, you did not lack anything, did you?" They said, "No, nothing." [36]And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. [37]For I tell you that this which is written must be fulfilled in Me, 'And He was numbered with transgressors'; for that which refers to Me has

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)