Luke 12:1-21.

Luke 12:1-21 (Good News Translation)

A Warning against Hypocrisy

1 As thousands of people crowded together, so that they were stepping
on each other, Jesus said first to his disciples, "Be on guard against
the yeast of the Pharisees—I mean their hypocrisy.2 Whatever is
covered up will be uncovered, and every secret will be made known.3So
then, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in broad
daylight, and whatever you have whispered in private in a closed room
will be shouted from the housetops.

Whom to Fear

4"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body
but cannot afterward do anything worse.5I will show you whom to fear:
fear God, who, after killing, has the authority to throw into hell.
Believe me, he is the one you must fear!

6"Aren't five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one sparrow is
forgotten by God.7Even the hairs of your head have all been counted.
So do not be afraid; you are worth much more than many sparrows!

Confessing and Rejecting Christ

8"I assure you that those who declare publicly that they belong to me,
the Son of Man will do the same for them before the angels of God.9But
those who reject me publicly, the Son of Man will also reject them
before the angels of God.

10 "Whoever says a word against the Son of Man can be forgiven; but
whoever says evil things against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

11 "When they bring you to be tried in the synagogues or before
governors or rulers, do not be worried about how you will defend
yourself or what you will say.12For the Holy Spirit will teach you at
that time what you should say."

The Parable of the Rich Fool

13A man in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, tell my brother to
divide with me the property our father left us."

14Jesus answered him, "Friend, who gave me the right to judge or to
divide the property between you two?"15And he went on to say to them
all, "Watch out and guard yourselves from every kind of greed; because
your true life is not made up of the things you own, no matter how
rich you may be."

16Then Jesus told them this parable: "There was once a rich man who
had land which bore good crops.17He began to think to himself, 'I
don't have a place to keep all my crops. What can I do?18This is what
I will do,' he told himself; 'I will tear down my barns and build
bigger ones, where I will store the grain and all my other goods.19
Then I will say to myself, Lucky man! You have all the good things you
need for many years. Take life easy, eat, drink, and enjoy
yourself!'20But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night you will
have to give up your life; then who will get all these things you have
kept for yourself?'"

21And Jesus concluded, "This is how it is with those who pile up
riches for themselves but are not rich in God's sight."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)