John 20:19-31.

John 20:19-31 (GNT)
Jesus Appears to His Disciples

19It was late that Sunday evening, and the disciples were gathered
together behind locked doors, because they were afraid of the Jewish
authorities. Then Jesus came and stood among them. "Peace be with
you," he said.20After saying this, he showed them his hands and his
side. The disciples were filled with joy at seeing the Lord.21Jesus
said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father sent me, so I
send you."22Then he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy
Spirit.23 If you forgive people's sins, they are forgiven; if you do
not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

Jesus and Thomas

24One of the twelve disciples, Thomas (called the Twin), was not with
them when Jesus came.25So the other disciples told him, "We have seen
the Lord!" Thomas said to them, "Unless I see the scars of the nails
in his hands and put my finger on those scars and my hand in his side,
I will not believe."26A week later the disciples were together again
indoors, and Thomas was with them. The doors were locked, but Jesus
came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you."27Then he said
to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and look at my hands; then reach out
your hand and put it in my side. Stop your doubting, and
believe!"28Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!"29Jesus said to
him, "Do you believe because you see me? How happy are those who
believe without seeing me!" The Purpose of This Book 30In his
disciples' presence Jesus performed many other miracles which are not
written down in this book.31But these have been written in order that
you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that
through your faith in him you may have life."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I invite Jesus Christ into my heart as my
Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)