Ezekiel 34:1-16

Ezekiel 34:1-16
Israel's Leaders Are Worthless Shepherds

The Lord God said:

Ezekiel, son of man, Israel's leaders are like shepherds taking care
of my sheep, the people of Israel. But I want you to condemn these
leaders and tell them:
I, the Lord God, say you shepherds of Israel are doomed! You take care
of yourselves while ignoring my sheep. You drink their milk and use
their wool to make your clothes. Then you butcher the best ones for
food. But you don't take care of the flock! You have never protected
the weak ones or healed the sick ones or bandaged those that get hurt.
You let them wander off and never look for those that get lost. You
are cruel and mean to my sheep. They strayed in every direction, and
because there was no shepherd to watch them, they were attacked and
eaten by wild animals. So my sheep were scattered across the earth.
They roamed on hills and mountains, without anyone even bothering to
look for them.
Now listen to what I, the living Lord God, am saying to you shepherds.
My sheep have been attacked and eaten by wild animals, because you
refused to watch them. You never went looking for the lost ones, and
you fed yourselves without feeding my sheep. - So I, the Lord, will
punish you! I will rescue my sheep from you and never let you be their
shepherd again or butcher them for food. I, the Lord, have spoken.

The Lord Is the Good Shepherd

The Lord God then said:

I will look for my sheep and take care of them myself, just as a
shepherd looks for lost sheep. My sheep have been lost since that dark
and miserable day when they were scattered throughout the nations. But
I will rescue them and bring them back from the foreign nations where
they now live. I will be their shepherd and will let them graze on
Israel's mountains and in the valleys and fertile fields. They will
be safe as they feed on grassy meadows and green hills. I promise to
take care of them and keep them safe, to look for those that are lost
and bring back the ones that wander off, to bandage those that are
hurt and protect the ones that are weak. I will also slaughter those
that are fat and strong, because I always do right.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)