Exodus 20:1-17.

Exodus 20:1-17
The Ten Commandments

"God said to the people of Israel: I am the Lord your God, the one who
brought you out of Egypt where you were slaves. Do not worship any god
except me. Do not make idols that look like anything in the sky or on
earth or in the ocean under the earth. Don't bow down and worship
idols. I am the Lord your God, and I demand all your love. If you
reject me, I will punish your families for three or four generations.
But if you love me and obey my laws, I will be kind to your families
for thousands of generations. Do not misuse my name. I am the Lord
your God, and I will punish anyone who misuses my name. Remember that
the Sabbath Day belongs to me. You have six days when you can do your
work, but the seventh day of each week belongs to me, your God. No
one is to work on that day—not you, your children, your slaves, your
animals, or the foreigners who live in your towns. In six days I made
the sky, the earth, the oceans, and everything in them, but on the
seventh day I rested. That's why I made the Sabbath a special day that
belongs to me. Respect your father and your mother, and you will live
a long time in the land I am giving you. Do not murder.Be faithful in
marriage. Do not steal. Do not tell lies about others.
Do not want anything that belongs to someone else. Don't want anyone's
house, wife or husband, slaves, oxen, donkeys or anything else."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)