John 1:15-28.

John 1.15-28

"John spoke about him and shouted, "This is the one I told you would
come! He is greater than I am, because he was alive before I was
born." Because of all that the Son is, we have been given one blessing
after another. The Law was given by Moses, but Jesus Christ brought
us undeserved kindness and truth. No one has ever seen God. The only
Son, who is truly God and is closest to the Father, has shown us what
God is like.

John the Baptist Tells about Jesus

The Jewish leaders in Jerusalem sent priests and temple helpers to ask
John who he was. He told them plainly, "I am not the Messiah." Then
when they asked him if he were Elijah, he said, "No, I am not!" And
when they asked if he were the Prophet, he also said "No!" Finally,
they said, "Who are you then? We have to give an answer to the ones
who sent us. Tell us who you are!" John answered in the words of the
prophet Isaiah, "I am only someone shouting in the desert, 'Get the
road ready for the Lord!'" Some Pharisees had also been sent to John.
They asked him, "Why are you baptizing people, if you are not the
Messiah or Elijah or the Prophet?" John told them, "I use water to
baptize people. But here with you is someone you don't know. Even
though I came first, I am not good enough to untie his sandals." John
said this as he was baptizing east of the Jordan River in Bethany."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)