Jeremiah 31:15-34.

Jeremiah 31.15-34
The Lord Offers Hope

In Ramah a voice is heard, crying and weeping loudly. Rachel mourns
for her children and refuses to be comforted, because they are dead.
But I, the Lord, say to dry your tears. Someday your children will
come home from the enemy's land. Then all you have done for them will
be greatly rewarded. So don't lose hope. I, the Lord, have spoken. The
people of Israel moan and say to me, "We were like wild bulls, but
you, Lord, broke us, and we learned to obey. You are our God— please
let us come home. When we were young, we strayed and sinned, but then
we realized what we had done. We are ashamed and disgraced and want to
return to you." People of Israel, you are my own dear children. Don't
I love you best of all? Though I often make threats, I want you to be
near me, so I will have mercy on you. I, the Lord, have spoken. With
rock piles and signposts, mark the way home, my dear people. It is the
same road by which you left. Will you ever decide to be faithful? I
will make sure that someday things will be different, as different as
a woman protecting a man.

The Lord Will Bring Judah Home

The Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, said: I promise to set the
people of Judah free and to lead them back to their hometowns. And
when I do, they will once again say, "We pray that the Lord will bless
his home, the sacred hill in Jerusalem where his temple stands." The
people will live in Jerusalem and in the towns of Judah. Some will be
farmers, and others will be shepherds. Those who feel tired and worn
out will find new life and energy, and when they sleep, they will
wake up refreshed. Someday, Israel and Judah will be my field where my
people and their livestock will grow. In the past, I took care to
uproot them, to tear them down, and to destroy them. But when that day
comes, I will take care to plant them and help them grow. No longer
will anyone go around saying, "Sour grapes eaten by parents leave a
sour taste in the mouths of their children." When that day comes, only
those who eat sour grapes will get the sour taste, and only those who
sin will be put to death.

The New Agreement with Israel and Judah

The Lord said: The time will surely come when I will make a new
agreement with the people of Israel and Judah. It will be different
from the agreement I made with their ancestors when I led them out of
Egypt. Although I was their God, they broke that agreement. Here is
the new agreement that I, the Lord, will make with the people of
Israel: "I will write my laws on their hearts and minds. I will be
their God, and they will be my people. "No longer will they have to
teach one another to obey me. I, the Lord, promise that all of them
will obey me, ordinary people and rulers alike. I will forgive their
sins and forget the evil things they have done."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)