Jeremiah 31:1-14.

Jeremiah 31.1-14
Israel Will Return to God

The Lord said: Israel, I promise that someday all your tribes will
again be my people, and I will be your God. In the desert I was kind
to those who escaped death. I gave them peace, and when the time is
right, I'll do the same for you. I, the Lord, have spoken.

The Lord Will Rebuild Israel

Some time ago, the Lord appeared to me and told me to say: Israel, I
will always love you; that's why I've been so patient and kind. You
are precious to me, and so I will rebuild your nation. Once again you
will dance for joy and play your tambourines. You will plant vineyards
on the hills of Samaria and enjoy the grapes. Someday those who guard
the hill country of Ephraim will shout, "Let's go to Zion and worship
the Lord our God."

Israel Will Return to Its Own Land

The Lord says: Celebrate and sing for Israel, the greatest of nations.
Offer praises and shout, "Come and rescue your people, Lord! Save
what's left of Israel." I, the Lord, will bring my people back from
Babylonia and everywhere else on earth. The blind and the lame will be
there. Expectant mothers and women about to give birth will come and
be part of that great crowd. They will weep and pray as I bring them
home. I will lead them to streams of water. They will walk on a level
road and not stumble. I am a father to Israel, my favorite children.
Listen to me, you nations nearby or across the sea. I scattered the
people of Israel, but I will gather them again. I will protect them
like a shepherd guarding a flock; I will rescue them from enemies who
could overpower them. My people will come to Mount Zion and celebrate;
their faces will glow because of my blessings. I'll give them grain,
grapes, and olive oil, as well as sheep and cattle. Israel will be
prosperous and grow like a garden with plenty of water. Young women
and young men, together with the elderly, will celebrate and dance,
because I will comfort them and turn their sorrow into happiness. I
will bless my people with more food than they need, and the priests
will enjoy the choice cuts of meat. I, the Lord, have spoken."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)