2 Samuel 7:18-29

2 Samuel 7.18-29
David Gives Thanks to the Lord

"David went into the tent he had set up for the sacred chest. Then he
sat there and prayed:
Lord All-Powerful, my family and I don't deserve what you have already
done for us, and yet you have promised to do even more. Is this the
way you usually treat people? I am your servant, and you know my
thoughts, so there is nothing more that I need to say. You have done
this wonderful thing, and you have let me know about it, because you
wanted to keep your promise. Lord All-Powerful, you are greater than
all others. No one is like you, and you alone are God. Everything we
have heard about you is true. And there is no other nation on earth
like Israel, the nation you rescued from slavery in Egypt to be your
own. You became famous by using great and wonderful miracles to force
other nations and their gods out of your land, so your people could
live here. You have chosen Israel to be your people forever, and you
have become their God. And now, Lord God, please do what you have
promised me and my descendants. Then you will be famous forever, and
everyone will say, "The Lord God All-Powerful rules Israel, and
David's descendants are his chosen kings." After all, you really are
Israel's God, the Lord All-Powerful. You've told me that you will let
my descendants be kings. That's why I have the courage to pray to you
like this, even though I am only your servant. Lord All-Powerful, you
are God. You have promised me some very good things, and you can be
trusted to do what you promise. Please bless my descendants and let
them always be your chosen kings. You have already promised, and I'm
sure that you will bless my family forever."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)