John 8:31-47.

John 8.31-47
The Truth Will Set You Free

"Jesus told the people who had faith in him, "If you keep on obeying
what I have said, you truly are my disciples. You will know the
truth, and the truth will set you free." They answered, "We are
Abraham's children! We have never been anyone's slaves. How can you
say we will be set free?"
Jesus replied: I tell you for certain that anyone who sins is a slave
of sin! And slaves don't stay in the family forever, though the Son
will always remain in the family. If the Son gives you freedom, you
are free! I know that you are from Abraham's family. Yet you want to
kill me, because my message isn't really in your hearts. I am telling
you what my Father has shown me, just as you are doing what your
father has taught you.

Your Father Is the Devil

The people said to Jesus, "Abraham is our father!" Jesus replied, "If
you were Abraham's children, you would do what Abraham did. Instead,
you want to kill me for telling you the truth that God gave me.
Abraham never did anything like that. But you are doing exactly what
your father does." "Don't accuse us of having someone else as our
father!" they said. "We just have one father, and he is God."
Jesus answered: If God were your Father, you would love me, because I
came from God and only from him. He sent me. I did not come on my own.
Why can't you understand what I am talking about? Can't you stand to
hear what I am saying? Your father is the devil, and you do exactly
what he wants. He has always been a murderer and a liar. There is
nothing truthful about him. He speaks on his own, and everything he
says is a lie. Not only is he a liar himself, but he is also the
father of all lies. Everything I have told you is true, and you still
refuse to have faith in me. Can any of you accuse me of sin? If you
cannot, why won't you have faith in me? After all, I am telling you
the truth. Anyone who belongs to God will listen to his message. But
you refuse to listen, because you don't belong to God."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)