Concerning Self Denial.

Concerning Self Denial

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he
must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever
wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me
will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole
world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for
his soul?

Matthew 16:24-26 NIV

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should
live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great
God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Titus 2:11-13 KJV

Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its
passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by
the Spirit.

Galatians 5:24,25 NASB

Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient
slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which
leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But
thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become
obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were
committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of
righteousness.

Romans 6:16-18 ESV

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24