Matthew 9:1-13.

Matthew 9.1-13
Jesus Heals a Crippled Man

Jesus got into a boat and crossed back over to the town where he
lived. Some people soon brought to him a crippled man lying on a mat.
When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the crippled man,
"My friend, don't worry! Your sins are forgiven." Some teachers of the
Law of Moses said to themselves, "Jesus must think he is God!" But
Jesus knew what was in their minds, and he said, "Why are you thinking
such evil things? Is it easier for me to tell this crippled man that
his sins are forgiven or to tell him to get up and walk? But I will
show you that the Son of Man has the right to forgive sins here on
earth." So Jesus said to the man, "Get up! Pick up your mat and go on
home." The man got up and went home. When the crowds saw this, they
were afraid and praised God for giving such authority to people.

Jesus Chooses Matthew

As Jesus was leaving, he saw a tax collector named Matthew sitting at
the place for paying taxes. Jesus said to him, "Come with me." Matthew
got up and went with him. Later, Jesus and his disciples were having
dinner at Matthew's house. Many tax collectors and other sinners were
also there. Some Pharisees asked Jesus' disciples, "Why does your
teacher eat with tax collectors and other sinners?" Jesus heard them
and answered, "Healthy people don't need a doctor, but sick people do.
Go and learn what the Scriptures mean when they say, 'Instead of
offering sacrifices to me, I want you to be merciful to others.' I
didn't come to invite good people to be my followers. I came to invite
sinners."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my I heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)