Matthew 21:18-32.

Matthew 21.18-32
Jesus Puts a Curse on a Fig Tree

"When Jesus got up the next morning, he was hungry. He started out for
the city, and along the way he saw a fig tree. But when he came to
it, he found only leaves and no figs. So he told the tree, "You will
never again grow any fruit!" Right then the fig tree dried up. The
disciples were shocked when they saw how quickly the tree had dried
up. But Jesus said to them, "If you have faith and don't doubt, I
promise that you can do what I did to this tree. And you will be able
to do even more. You can tell this mountain to get up and jump into
the sea, and it will. If you have faith when you pray, you will be
given whatever you ask for."

A Question about Jesus' Authority

Jesus had gone into the temple and was teaching when the chief priests
and the leaders of the people came up to him. They asked, "What right
do you have to do these things? Who gave you this authority?"
Jesus answered, "I have just one question to ask you. If you answer
it, I will tell you where I got the right to do these things. Who
gave John the right to baptize? Was it God in heaven or merely some
human being?" They thought it over and said to each other, "We can't
say that God gave John this right. Jesus will ask us why we didn't
believe John. On the other hand, these people think that John was a
prophet, and we are afraid of what they might do to us. That's why we
can't say that it was merely some human who gave John the right to
baptize." So they told Jesus, "We don't know." Jesus said, "Then I
won't tell you who gave me the right to do what I do."

A Story about Two Sons

Jesus said: I will tell you a story about a man who had two sons. Then
you can tell me what you think. The father went to the older son and
said, "Go work in the vineyard today!" His son told him that he would
not do it, but later he changed his mind and went. The man then told
his younger son to go work in the vineyard. The boy said he would, but
he didn't go. Which one of the sons obeyed his father? "The older
one," the chief priests and leaders answered. Then Jesus told them:
You can be sure that tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the
kingdom of God before you ever will! When John the Baptist showed you
how to do right, you would not believe him. But these evil people did
believe. And even when you saw what they did, you still would not
change your minds and believe."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)