Matthew 18:21-35.

Matthew 18.21-35
An Official Who Refused To Forgive

"Peter came up to the Lord and asked, "How many times should I forgive
someone who does something wrong to me? Is seven times enough?" Jesus
answered: Not just seven times, but seventy-seven times! This story
will show you what the kingdom of heaven is like: One day a king
decided to call in his officials and ask them to give an account of
what they owed him. As he was doing this, one official was brought in
who owed him fifty million silver coins. But he didn't have any money
to pay what he owed. The king ordered him to be sold, along with his
wife and children and all he owned, in order to pay the debt.
The official got down on his knees and began begging, "Have pity on
me, and I will pay you every cent I owe!" The king felt sorry for him
and let him go free. He even told the official that he did not have to
pay back the money. As the official was leaving, he happened to meet
another official, who owed him a hundred silver coins. So he grabbed
the man by the throat. He started choking him and said, "Pay me what
you owe!" The man got down on his knees and began begging, "Have pity
on me, and I will pay you back." But the first official refused to
have pity. Instead, he went and had the other official put in jail
until he could pay what he owed. When some other officials found out
what had happened, they felt sorry for the man who had been put in
jail. Then they told the king what had happened. The king called the
first official back in and said, "You're an evil man! When you begged
for mercy, I said you did not have to pay back a cent. Don't you
think you should show pity to someone else, as I did to you?" The
king was so angry that he ordered the official to be tortured until he
could pay back everything he owed. That is how my Father in heaven
will treat you, if you don't forgive each of my followers with all
your heart."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)