Matthew 11:20-30.

Matthew 11.20-30
The Unbelieving Towns

"In the towns where Jesus had worked most of his miracles, the people
refused to turn to God. So Jesus was upset with them and said: You
people of Chorazin are in for trouble! You people of Bethsaida are in
for trouble too! If the miracles that took place in your towns had
happened in Tyre and Sidon, the people there would have turned to God
long ago. They would have dressed in sackcloth and put ashes on their
heads. I tell you that on the day of judgment the people of Tyre and
Sidon will get off easier than you will.
People of Capernaum, do you think you will be honored in heaven? You
will go down to hell! If the miracles that took place in your town had
happened in Sodom, that town would still be standing. So I tell you
that on the day of judgment the people of Sodom will get off easier
than you.

Come to Me and Rest

At that moment Jesus said: My Father, Lord of heaven and earth, I am
grateful that you hid all this from wise and educated people and
showed it to ordinary people. Yes, Father, that is what pleased you.
My Father has given me everything, and he is the only one who knows
the Son. The only one who truly knows the Father is the Son. But the
Son wants to tell others about the Father, so that they can know him
too.
If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will
give you rest. Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and
learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. This
yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24