Genesis 29;21-35.

Genesis 29.21-35

Jacob said to Laban, "The time is up, and I want to marry Rachel now!"
So Laban gave a big feast and invited all their neighbors. But that
evening he brought Leah to Jacob, who married her and spent the night
with her. Laban also gave Zilpah to Leah as her servant woman. The
next morning Jacob found out that he had married Leah, and he asked
Laban, "Why did you do this to me? Didn't I work to get Rachel? Why
did you trick me?" Laban replied, "In our country the older daughter
must get married first. After you spend this week with Leah, you may
also marry Rachel. But you will have to work for me another seven
years." - At the end of the week of celebration, Laban let Jacob marry
Rachel, and he gave her his servant woman Bilhah. Jacob loved Rachel
more than he did Leah, but he had to work another seven years for
Laban. The Lord knew that Jacob loved Rachel more than he did Leah,
and so he gave children to Leah, but not to Rachel. Leah gave birth
to a son and named him Reuben, because she said, "The Lord has taken
away my sorrow. Now my husband will love me more than he does Rachel."
She had a second son and named him Simeon, because she said, "The
Lord has heard that my husband doesn't love me." When Leah's third
son was born, she said, "Now my husband will hold me close." So this
son was named Levi. She had one more son and named him Judah, because
she said, "I'll praise the Lord!"

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24