Jeremiah 20:7-18

Jeremiah 20.7-18
Jeremiah Complains to the Lord

You tricked me, Lord, and I was really fooled. You are stronger than I
am, and you have defeated me. People never stop sneering and insulting
me. You have let me announce only destruction and death. Your message
has brought me nothing but insults and trouble. Sometimes I tell
myself not to think about you, Lord, or even mention your name. But
your message burns in my heart and bones, and I cannot keep silent. I
heard the crowds whisper, "Everyone is afraid. Now's our chance to
accuse Jeremiah!" All of my so-called friends are just waiting for me
to make a mistake. They say, "Maybe Jeremiah can be tricked. Then we
can overpower him and get even at last." But you, Lord, are a mighty
soldier, standing at my side. Those troublemakers will fall down and
fail— terribly embarrassed, forever ashamed. Lord All-Powerful, you
test those who do right, and you know every heart and mind. I have
told you my complaints, so let me watch you take revenge on my
enemies. I sing praises to you, Lord. You rescue the oppressed from
the wicked. Put a curse on the day I was born! Don't bless my mother.
Put a curse on the man who told my father, "Good news! You have a
son." May that man be like the towns you destroyed without pity. Let
him hear shouts of alarm in the morning and battle cries at noon. He
deserves to die for not killing me before I was born. Then my mother's
body would have been my grave. Why did I have to be born? Was it just
to suffer and die in shame?

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)