Romans 1:1-17.

Romans 1.1-17

From Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus. God chose me to be an apostle,
and he appointed me to preach the good news that he promised long ago
by what his prophets said in the holy Scriptures. - This good news is
about his Son, our Lord Jesus Christ! As a human, he was from the
family of David. But the Holy Spirit proved that Jesus is the powerful
Son of God, because he was raised from death. Jesus was kind to me and
chose me to be an apostle, so that people of all nations would obey
and have faith. You are some of those people chosen by Jesus Christ.
This letter is to all of you in Rome. God loves you and has chosen you
to be his very own people.
I pray that God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ will be kind to
you and will bless you with peace!

A Prayer of Thanks

First, I thank God in the name of Jesus Christ for all of you. I do
this because people everywhere in the world are talking about your
faith. God has seen how I never stop praying for you, while I serve
him with all my heart and tell the good news about his Son. In all my
prayers, I ask God to make it possible for me to visit you. I want to
see you and share with you the same blessings that God's Spirit has
given me. Then you will grow stronger in your faith. What I am saying
is that we can encourage each other by the faith that is ours. My
friends, I want you to know that I have often planned to come for a
visit. But something has always kept me from doing it. I want to win
followers to Christ in Rome, as I have done in many other places. - It
doesn't matter if people are civilized and educated, or if they are
uncivilized and uneducated. I must tell the good news to everyone.
That's why I am eager to visit all of you in Rome.

The Power of the Good News

I am proud of the good news! It is God's powerful way of saving all
people who have faith, whether they are Jews or Gentiles. The good
news tells how God accepts everyone who has faith, but only those who
have faith. It is just as the Scriptures say, "The people God accepts
because of their faith will live."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)