Matthew 11:1-19.

Matthew 11.1-19
John the Baptist

"After Jesus had finished instructing his twelve disciples, he left
and began teaching and preaching in the towns.
John was in prison when he heard what Christ was doing. So John sent
some of his followers to ask Jesus, "Are you the one we should be
looking for? Or must we wait for someone else?" Jesus answered, "Go
and tell John what you have heard and seen. The blind are now able to
see, and the lame can walk. People with leprosy are being healed, and
the deaf can hear. The dead are raised to life, and the poor are
hearing the good news. God will bless everyone who doesn't reject me
because of what I do." As John's followers were going away, Jesus
spoke to the crowds about John: What sort of person did you go out
into the desert to see? Was he like tall grass blown about by the
wind? What kind of man did you go out to see? Was he someone dressed
in fine clothes? People who dress like that live in the king's palace.
What did you really go out to see? Was he a prophet? He certainly
was. I tell you that he was more than a prophet. In the Scriptures
God says about him, "I am sending my messenger ahead of you to get
things ready for you." I tell you that no one ever born on this earth
is greater than John the Baptist. But whoever is least in the kingdom
of heaven is greater than John. From the time of John the Baptist
until now, violent people have been trying to take over the kingdom of
heaven by force. All the Books of the Prophets and the Law of Moses
told what was going to happen up to the time of John. And if you
believe them, John is Elijah, the prophet you are waiting for. If you
have ears, pay attention! You people are like children sitting in the
market and shouting to each other, "We played the flute, but you would
not dance! We sang a funeral song, but you would not mourn!"
John the Baptist did not go around eating and drinking, and you said,
"That man has a demon in him!" But the Son of Man goes around eating
and drinking, and you say, "That man eats and drinks too much! He is
even a friend of tax collectors and sinners." Yet Wisdom is shown to
be right by what it does."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24