Ezekiel 34:11-31

Ezekiel 34.11-31
The Lord Is the Good Shepherd

The Lord God then said:

"I will look for my sheep and take care of them myself, just as a
shepherd looks for lost sheep. My sheep have been lost since that dark
and miserable day when they were scattered throughout the nations. But
I will rescue them and bring them back from the foreign nations where
they now live. I will be their shepherd and will let them graze on
Israel's mountains and in the valleys and fertile fields. They will
be safe as they feed on grassy meadows and green hills. I promise to
take care of them and keep them safe, to look for those that are lost
and bring back the ones that wander off, to bandage those that are
hurt and protect the ones that are weak. I will also slaughter those
that are fat and strong, because I always do right.

Judgment on the Strong Sheep

The Lord God said to his sheep, the people of Israel: I will carefully
watch each one of you to decide which ones are the strong sheep and
which ones are weak. Some of you eat the greenest grass, then trample
down what's left when you finish. Others drink clean water, then step
in the water to make the rest of it muddy. That means my other sheep
have nothing fit to eat or drink. So I, the Lord God, will separate
you strong sheep from the weak. You strong ones have used your
powerful horns to chase off those that are weak, but I will rescue
them and no longer let them be mistreated. I will separate the good
from the bad. After that, I will give you a shepherd from the family
of my servant King David. All of you, both strong and weak, will have
the same shepherd, and he will take good care of you. He will be your
leader, and I will be your God. I, the Lord, have spoken.

A Bright Future for the Lord's Sheep

The Lord God said: The people of Israel are my sheep, and I solemnly
promise that they will live in peace. I will chase away every wild
animal from the desert and the forest, so my sheep will not be afraid.
They will live around my holy mountain, and I will bless them by
sending more than enough rain to make their trees produce fruit and
their crops to grow. I will set them free from slavery and let them
live safely in their own land. Then they will know that I am the Lord.
Foreign nations will never again rob them, and wild animals will no
longer kill and eat them. They will have nothing to fear. I will make
their fields produce large amounts of crops, so they will never again
go hungry or be laughed at by foreigners. Then everyone will know
that I protect my people Israel. I, the Lord, make this promise. They
are my sheep; I am their God, and I take care of them."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24