Luke 20:41-21-6

Luke 20.41–21.6
About David's Son

Jesus asked, "Why do people say that the Messiah will be the son of
King David? In the book of Psalms, David himself says, 'The Lord said
to my Lord, Sit at my right side until I make your enemies into a
footstool for you.' David spoke of the Messiah as his Lord, so how can
the Messiah be his son?" Jesus and the Teachers of the Law of Moses
While everyone was listening to Jesus, he said to his disciples: Guard
against the teachers of the Law of Moses! They love to walk around in
long robes, and they like to be greeted in the market. They want the
front seats in the meeting places and the best seats at banquets. But
they cheat widows out of their homes and then pray long prayers just
to show off. These teachers will be punished most of all.

A Widow's Offering

Jesus looked up and saw some rich people tossing their gifts into the
offering box. He also saw a poor widow putting in two pennies. And
he said, "I tell you that this poor woman has put in more than all the
others. Everyone else gave what they didn't need. But she is very
poor and gave everything she had."

The Temple Will Be Destroyed

Some people were talking about the beautiful stones used to build the
temple and about the gifts that had been placed in it. Jesus said,
"Do you see these stones? The time is coming when not one of them will
be left in place. They will all be knocked down."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24