Luke 6:37-49.

Luke 6.37-49
Judging Others

"Jesus said: Don't judge others, and God won't judge you. Don't be
hard on others, and God won't be hard on you. Forgive others, and God
will forgive you. If you give to others, you will be given a full
amount in return. It will be packed down, shaken together, and
spilling over into your lap. The way you treat others is the way you
will be treated. Jesus also used some sayings as he spoke to the
people. He said: Can one blind person lead another blind person? Won't
they both fall into a ditch? Are students better than their teacher?
But when they are fully trained, they will be like their teacher. You
can see the speck in your friend's eye. But you don't notice the log
in your own eye. How can you say, "My friend, let me take the speck
out of your eye," when you don't see the log in your own eye? You
show-offs! First, get the log out of your own eye. Then you can see
how to take the speck out of your friend's eye.

A Tree and Its Fruit

A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot produce
good fruit. You can tell what a tree is like by the fruit it
produces. You cannot pick figs or grapes from thornbushes. Good
people do good things because of the good in their hearts. Bad people
do bad things because of the evil in their hearts. Your words show
what is in your heart.

Two Builders

Why do you keep on saying that I am your Lord, when you refuse to do
what I say? Anyone who comes and listens to me and obeys me is like
someone who dug down deep and built a house on solid rock. When the
flood came and the river rushed against the house, it was built so
well that it didn't even shake. But anyone who hears what I say and
doesn't obey me is like someone whose house wasn't built on solid
rock. As soon as the river rushed against that house, it was smashed
to pieces!"

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24