1 Corinthians 11:17-34

1 Corinthians 11:17-34 (GNT)

17 "In the following instructions, however, I do not praise you,
because your meetings for worship actually do more harm than good. 18
In the first place, I have been told that there are opposing groups in
your meetings; and this I believe is partly true. ( 19 No doubt there
must be divisions among you so that the ones who are in the right may
be clearly seen.) 20 When you meet together as a group, it is not the
Lord's Supper that you eat. 21 For as you eat, you each go ahead with
your own meal, so that some are hungry while others get drunk. 22
Don't you have your own homes in which to eat and drink? Or would you
rather despise the church of God and put to shame the people who are
in need? What do you expect me to say to you about this? Shall I
praise you? Of course I don't! 23 For I received from the Lord the
teaching that I passed on to you: that the Lord Jesus, on the night he
was betrayed, took a piece of bread, 24 gave thanks to God, broke it,
and said, "This is my body, which is for you. Do this in memory of
me." 25 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup and said,
"This cup is God's new covenant, sealed with my blood. Whenever you
drink it, do so in memory of me." 26 This means that every time you
eat this bread and drink from this cup you proclaim the Lord's death
until he comes. 27 It follows that if one of you eats the Lord's bread
or drinks from his cup in a way that dishonors him, you are guilty of
sin against the Lord's body and blood. 28 So then, you should each
examine yourself first, and then eat the bread and drink from the cup.
29 For if you do not recognize the meaning of the Lord's body when you
eat the bread and drink from the cup, you bring judgment on yourself
as you eat and drink. 30 That is why many of you are sick and weak,
and several have died. 31 If we would examine ourselves first, we
would not come under God's judgment. 32 But we are judged and punished
by the Lord, so that we shall not be condemned together with the
world. 33 So then, my friends, when you gather together to eat the
Lord's Supper, wait for one another. 34 And if any of you are hungry,
you should eat at home, so that you will not come under God's judgment
as you meet together. As for the other matters, I will settle them
when I come."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)