Luke 16:19-31.

Luke 16.19-31
Lazarus and the Rich Man

There was once a rich man who wore expensive clothes and every day ate
the best food. But a poor beggar named Lazarus was brought to the
gate of the rich man's house. He was happy just to eat the scraps
that fell from the rich man's table. His body was covered with sores,
and dogs kept coming up to lick them. The poor man died, and angels
took him to the place of honor next to Abraham. The rich man also died
and was buried. He went to hell and was suffering terribly. When he
looked up and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side, he said to
Abraham, "Have pity on me! Send Lazarus to dip his finger in water and
touch my tongue. I'm suffering terribly in this fire." Abraham
answered, "My friend, remember that while you lived, you had
everything good, and Lazarus had everything bad. Now he is happy, and
you are in pain. And besides, there is a deep ditch between us, and
no one from either side can cross over." But the rich man said,
"Abraham, then please send Lazarus to my father's home. Let him warn
my five brothers, so they won't come to this horrible place."
Abraham answered, "Your brothers can read what Moses and the prophets
wrote. They should pay attention to that."
Then the rich man said, "No, that's not enough! If only someone from
the dead would go to them, they would listen and turn to God." So
Abraham said, "If they won't pay attention to Moses and the prophets,
they won't listen even to someone who comes back from the dead."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)