Jeremiah 8:1-12.

Jeremiah 8.1-12

"Then the bones of the dead kings of Judah and their officials will be
dug up, along with the bones of the priests, the prophets, and
everyone else in Jerusalem who loved and worshiped the sun, moon, and
stars. These bones will be scattered and left lying on the ground like
trash, where the sun and moon and stars can shine on them. Some of you
people of Judah will be left alive, but I will force you to go to
foreign countries, and you will wish you were dead. I, the Lord God
All-Powerful, have spoken.

The People Took the Wrong Road

The Lord said:

People of Jerusalem, when you stumble and fall, you get back up, and
if you take a wrong road, you turn around and go back. So why do you
refuse to come back to me? Why do you hold so tightly to your false
gods? I listen carefully, but none of you admit that you've done
wrong. Without a second thought, you run down the wrong road like
cavalry troops charging into battle. Storks, doves, swallows, and
thrushes all know when it's time to fly away for the winter and when
to come back. But you, my people, don't know what I demand. You say,
"We are wise because we have the teachings and laws of the Lord." But
I say that your teachers have turned my words into lies! Your wise men
have rejected what I say, and so they have no wisdom. Now they will be
trapped and put to shame; they won't know what to do. I'll give their
wives and fields to strangers.
Everyone is greedy and dishonest, whether poor or rich. Even the
prophets and priests cannot be trusted. All they ever offer to my
deeply wounded people are empty hopes for peace. They should be
ashamed of their disgusting sins, but they don't even blush. And so,
when I punish Judah, they will end up on the ground, dead like
everyone else."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)