Jeremiah 7:16-34

Jeremiah 7.16-34
Punishment for Worshiping Other Gods

"Jeremiah, don't pray for these people! I, the Lord, would refuse to
listen. Do you see what the people of Judah are doing in their towns
and in the streets of Jerusalem? Children gather firewood, their
fathers build fires, and their mothers mix dough to bake bread for the
goddess they call the Queen of Heaven. They even offer wine sacrifices
to other gods, just to insult me. But they are not only insulting me;
they are also insulting themselves by doing these shameful things.And
now, I, the Lord All-Powerful, will flood Judah with my fiery anger
until nothing is left-no people or animals, no trees or crops.

It Is Useless To Offer Sacrifices

The Lord told me to say to the people of Judah: I am the Lord
All-Powerful, the God of Israel, but I won't accept sacrifices from
you. So don't even bother bringing them to me. You might as well just
cook the meat for yourselves. At the time I brought your ancestors out
of Egypt, I didn't command them to offer sacrifices to me. Instead, I
told them, "If you listen to me and do what I tell you, I will be your
God, you will be my people, and all will go well for you." But your
ancestors refused to listen. They were stubborn, and whenever I wanted
them to go one way, they always went the other. Ever since your
ancestors left Egypt, I have been sending my servants the prophets to
speak for me. But you have ignored me and become even more stubborn
and sinful than your ancestors ever were!

Slaughter Valley

The Lord said:

Jeremiah, no matter what you do, the people won't listen. So you must
say to them: People of Judah, I am the Lord your God, but you have
refused to obey me, and you didn't change when I punished you. And
now, you no longer even pretend to be faithful to me. Shave your head
bald and throw away the hair. Sing a funeral song on top of a barren
hill. You people have made me angry, and I have abandoned you. You
have disobeyed me by putting your disgusting idols in my temple, and
now the temple itself is disgusting to me. At Topheth in Hinnom
Valley you have built altars where you kill your children and burn
them as sacrifices to other gods. I would never think of telling you
to do this. So watch out! Someday that place will no longer be called
Topheth or Hinnom Valley. It will be called Slaughter Valley, because
you will bury your dead there until you run out of room, and then
bodies will lie scattered on the ground. Birds and wild animals will
come and eat, and no one will be around to scare them off. When I am
finished with your land, there will be deathly silence in the empty
ruins of Jerusalem and the towns of Judah-no happy voices, no sounds
of parties or wedding celebrations."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)