Jeremiah 32:1-15.

Jeremiah 32.1-15
Jeremiah Buys a Field

"The Lord spoke to me in the tenth year that Zedekiah was king of
Judah, which was the eighteenth year that Nebuchadnezzar was king of
Babylonia. At that time, the Babylonian army had surrounded
Jerusalem, and I was in the prison at the courtyard of the palace
guards. Zedekiah had ordered me to be held there because I told
everyone that the Lord had said: I am the Lord, and I am about to let
the king of Babylonia conquer Jerusalem. King Zedekiah will be
captured and taken to King Nebuchadnezzar, who will speak with him
face to face. Then Zedekiah will be led away to Babylonia, where he
will stay until I am finished with him. So, if you people of Judah
fight against the Babylonians, you will lose. I, the Lord, have
spoken. Later, when I was in prison, the Lord said: Jeremiah, your
cousin Hanamel, the son of your uncle Shallum, will visit you. He must
sell his field near the town of Anathoth, and because you are his
nearest relative, you have the right and the responsibility to buy it
and keep it in the family. Hanamel came, just as the Lord had
promised. And he said, "Please buy my field near Anathoth in the
territory of the Benjamin tribe. You have the right to buy it, and if
you do, it will stay in our family." The Lord had told me to buy it
from Hanamel, and so I did. The price was seventeen pieces of silver,
and I weighed out the full amount on a scale. - I had two copies of
the bill of sale written out, each containing all the details of our
agreement. Some witnesses and I signed the official copy, which was
folded and tied, before being sealed shut with hot wax. Then I gave
Hanamel the silver. And while he, the witnesses, and all the other
Jews sitting in the courtyard were still watching, I gave both copies
to Baruch son of Neriah.

I told Baruch that the Lord had said: Take both copies of this bill of
sale, one sealed shut and the other open, and put them in a clay jar
so they will last a long time. I am the Lord All-Powerful, the God of
Israel, and I promise you that people will once again buy and sell
houses, farms, and vineyards in this country."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)