Luke 13:10-21.

Luke 13.10-21
Healing a Woman on the Sabbath

One Sabbath, Jesus was teaching in a Jewish meeting place, and a
woman was there who had been crippled by an evil spirit for eighteen
years. She was completely bent over and could not straighten up. When
Jesus saw the woman, he called her over and said, "You are now well."
He placed his hands on her, and right away she stood up straight and
praised God.
The man in charge of the meeting place was angry because Jesus had
healed someone on the Sabbath. So he said to the people, "Each week
has six days when we can work. Come and be healed on one of those
days, but not on the Sabbath."
The Lord replied, "Are you trying to fool someone? Won't any one of
you untie your ox or donkey and lead it out to drink on a Sabbath?
This woman belongs to the family of Abraham, but Satan has kept her
bound for eighteen years. Isn't it right to set her free on the
Sabbath?" Jesus' words made his enemies ashamed. But everyone else in
the crowd was happy about the wonderful things he was doing.

A Mustard Seed and Yeast

Jesus said, "What is God's kingdom like? What can I compare it with?
It is like what happens when someone plants a mustard seed in a
garden. The seed grows as big as a tree, and birds nest in its
branches."
Then Jesus said, "What can I compare God's kingdom with? It is like
what happens when a woman mixes yeast into three batches of flour.
Finally, all the dough rises."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)