Ecclesiastes 2:1-12a

Ecclesiastes 2.1-12a
It Is Senseless To Be Selfish

"I said to myself, "Have fun and enjoy yourself!" But this didn't make
sense. Laughing and having fun is crazy. What good does it do? I
wanted to find out what was best for us during the short time we have
on this earth. So I decided to make myself happy with wine and find
out what it means to be foolish, without really being foolish myself.
I did some great things. I built houses and planted vineyards. I had
flower gardens and orchards full of fruit trees. And I had pools
where I could get water for the trees. I owned slaves, and their sons
and daughters became my slaves. I had more sheep and goats than anyone
who had ever lived in Jerusalem. Foreign rulers brought me silver,
gold, and precious treasures. Men and women sang for me, and I had
many wives who gave me great pleasure. I was the most famous person
who had ever lived in Jerusalem, and I was very wise. I got whatever
I wanted and did whatever made me happy. But most of all, I enjoyed my
work. Then I thought about everything I had done, including the hard
work, and it was simply chasing the wind. Nothing on earth is worth
the trouble.

Wisdom Makes Sense

I asked myself, "What can the next king do that I haven't done?" Then
I decided to compare wisdom with foolishness and stupidity."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)