Luke 12 :1-21.

Luke 12.1-21
Warnings

As thousands of people crowded around Jesus and were stepping on each
other, he told his disciples: Be sure to guard against the dishonest
teaching of the Pharisees! It is their way of fooling people.
Everything that is hidden will be found out, and every secret will be
known. Whatever you say in the dark will be heard when it is day.
Whatever you whisper in a closed room will be shouted from the
housetops.

The One To Fear

My friends, don't be afraid of people. They can kill you, but after
that, there is nothing else they can do. God is the one you must
fear. Not only can he take your life, but he can throw you into hell.
God is certainly the one you should fear!
Five sparrows are sold for just two pennies, but God doesn't forget a
one of them. Even the hairs on your head are counted. So don't be
afraid! You are worth much more than many sparrows.

Telling Others about Christ

If you tell others that you belong to me, the Son of Man will tell
God's angels that you are my followers. But if you reject me, you
will be rejected in front of them. If you speak against the Son of
Man, you can be forgiven, but if you speak against the Holy Spirit,
you cannot be forgiven. When you are brought to trial in the Jewish
meeting places or before rulers or officials, don't worry about how
you will defend yourselves or what you will say. At that time the
Holy Spirit will tell you what to say.

A Rich Fool

A man in a crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, tell my brother to give me
my share of what our father left us when he died."
Jesus answered, "Who gave me the right to settle arguments between you
and your brother?"
Then he said to the crowd, "Don't be greedy! Owning a lot of things
won't make your life safe."

So Jesus told them this story:

A rich man's farm produced a big crop, and he said to himself, "What
can I do? I don't have a place large enough to store everything."
Later, he said, "Now I know what I'll do. I'll tear down my barns and
build bigger ones, where I can store all my grain and other goods.
Then I'll say to myself, 'You have stored up enough good things to
last for years to come. Live it up! Eat, drink, and enjoy yourself.'"
But God said to him, "You fool! Tonight you will die. Then who will
get what you have stored up?"
"This is what happens to people who store up everything for
themselves, but are poor in the sight of God."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)