Luke 10:25-37.

Luke 10.25-37
The Good Samaritan

"An expert in the Law of Moses stood up and asked Jesus a question to
see what he would say. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to have
eternal life?"

Jesus answered, "What is written in the Scriptures? How do you understand them?"

The man replied, "The Scriptures say, 'Love the Lord your God with all
your heart, soul, strength, and mind.' They also say, 'Love your
neighbors as much as you love yourself.'"

Jesus said, "You have given the right answer. If you do this, you will
have eternal life."

But the man wanted to show that he knew what he was talking about. So
he asked Jesus, "Who are my neighbors?"

Jesus replied:

As a man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, robbers attacked
him and grabbed everything he had. They beat him up and ran off,
leaving him half dead.

A priest happened to be going down the same road. But when he saw the
man, he walked by on the other side. Later a temple helper came to
the same place. But when he saw the man who had been beaten up, he
also went by on the other side.

A man from Samaria then came traveling along that road. When he saw
the man, he felt sorry for him and went over to him. He treated his
wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them. Then he put him on
his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him. The
next morning he gave the innkeeper two silver coins and said, "Please
take care of the man. If you spend more than this on him, I will pay
you when I return."

Then Jesus asked, "Which one of these three people was a real neighbor
to the man who was beaten up by robbers?"

The teacher answered, "The one who showed pity."

Jesus said, "Go and do the same!"

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)