Luke 10:13-24.

Luke 10.13-24

The Unbelieving Towns

"You people of Chorazin are in for trouble! You people of Bethsaida
are also in for trouble! If the miracles that took place in your towns
had happened in Tyre and Sidon, the people there would have turned to
God long ago. They would have dressed in sackcloth and put ashes on
their heads. On the day of judgment the people of Tyre and Sidon will
get off easier than you will. People of Capernaum, do you think you
will be honored in heaven? Well, you will go down to hell!

My followers, whoever listens to you is listening to me. Anyone who
says "No" to you is saying "No" to me. And anyone who says "No" to me
is really saying "No" to the one who sent me.

The Return of the Seventy-Two

When the seventy-two followers returned, they were excited and said,
"Lord, even the demons obeyed when we spoke in your name!"

Jesus told them:

I saw Satan fall from heaven like a flash of lightning. I have given
you the power to trample on snakes and scorpions and to defeat the
power of your enemy Satan. Nothing can harm you. But don't be happy
because evil spirits obey you. Be happy that your names are written in
heaven!

Jesus Thanks His Father

At that same time, Jesus felt the joy that comes from the Holy Spirit,
and he said:

My Father, Lord of heaven and earth, I am grateful that you hid all
this from wise and educated people and showed it to ordinary people.
Yes, Father, that is what pleased you.

My Father has given me everything, and he is the only one who knows
the Son. The only one who really knows the Father is the Son. But the
Son wants to tell others about the Father, so that they can know him
too.

Jesus then turned to his disciples and said to them in private, "You
are really blessed to see what you see! Many prophets and kings were
eager to see what you see and to hear what you hear. But I tell you
that they did not see or hear."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)