Colossians 1:15-29.

Colossians 1.15-29

"Christ is exactly like God, who cannot be seen. He is the first-born
Son, superior to all creation. Everything was created by him,
everything in heaven and on earth, everything seen and unseen,
including all forces and powers, and all rulers and authorities. All
things were created by God's Son, and everything was made for him.

God's Son was before all else, and by him everything is held together.
He is the head of his body, which is the church. He is the very
beginning, the first to be raised from death, so that he would be
above all others.

God himself was pleased to live fully in his Son. And God was pleased
for him to make peace by sacrificing his blood on the cross, so that
all beings in heaven and on earth would be brought back to God.

You used to be far from God. Your thoughts made you his enemies, and
you did evil things. But his Son became a human and died. So God made
peace with you, and now he lets you stand in his presence as people
who are holy and faultless and innocent. But you must stay deeply
rooted and firm in your faith. You must not give up the hope you
received when you heard the good news. It was preached to everyone on
earth, and I myself have become a servant of this message.

Paul's Service to the Church

I am glad that I can suffer for you. I am pleased also that in my own
body I can continue the suffering of Christ for his body, the church.
God's plan was to make me a servant of his church and to send me to
preach his complete message to you. For ages and ages this message
was kept secret from everyone, but now it has been explained to God's
people. God did this because he wanted you Gentiles to understand his
wonderful and glorious mystery. And the mystery is that Christ lives
in you, and he is your hope of sharing in God's glory.

We announce the message about Christ, and we use all our wisdom to
warn and teach everyone, so that all of Christ's followers will grow
and become mature. That's why I work so hard and use the mighty power
he gives me."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. In Jesus name I
pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)