Proverbs 30:7-33.

Proverbs 30.7-33

"There are two things, Lord, I want you to do for me before I die:
Make me absolutely honest and don't let me be too poor or too rich.
Give me just what I need. If I have too much to eat, I might forget
about you; if I don't have enough, I might steal and disgrace your
name.

Don't tell a slave owner something bad about one of the slaves. That
slave will curse you, and you will be in trouble.

Some people curse their father and even their mother; others think
they are perfect, but they are stained by sin. Some people are
stuck-up and act like snobs; others are so greedy that they gobble
down the poor and homeless.

Greed has twins, each named "Give me!" There are three or four things
that are never satisfied: The world of the dead and a childless wife,
the thirsty earth and a flaming fire.

Don't make fun of your father or disobey your mother- crows will peck
out your eyes, and buzzards will eat the rest of you.

There are three or four things I cannot understand: How eagles fly so
high or snakes crawl on rocks, how ships sail the ocean or people fall
in love.

An unfaithful wife says, "Sleeping with another man is as natural as eating."

There are three or four things that make the earth tremble and are
unbearable: A slave who becomes king, a fool who eats too much, a
hateful woman who finds a husband, and a slave who takes the place of
the woman who owns her.

On this earth four things are small but very wise: Ants, who seem to
be feeble, but store up food all summer long; badgers, who seem to be
weak, but live among the rocks; locusts, who have no king, but march
like an army; lizards, which can be caught in your hand, but sneak
into palaces.

Three or four creatures really strut around: Those fearless lions who
rule the jungle, those proud roosters, those mountain goats, and those
rulers who have no enemies.

If you are foolishly bragging or planning something evil, then stop it
now! If you churn milk you get butter; if you pound on your nose, you
get blood- and if you stay angry, you get in trouble."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)