Luke 9:43-62.

Luke 9.43b-62

Everyone was amazed at God's great power.

Jesus Again Speaks about His Death

"While everyone was still amazed at what Jesus was doing, he said to
his disciples, "Pay close attention to what I am telling you! The Son
of Man will be handed over to his enemies." But the disciples did not
know what he meant. The meaning was hidden from them. They could not
understand it, and they were afraid to ask.

Who Is the Greatest?

Jesus' disciples were arguing about which one of them was the
greatest. Jesus knew what they were thinking, and he had a child
stand there beside him. Then he said to his disciples, "When you
welcome even a child because of me, you welcome me. And when you
welcome me, you welcome the one who sent me. Whichever one of you is
the most humble is the greatest."

For or against Jesus

John said, "Master, we saw a man using your name to force demons out
of people. But we told him to stop, because he isn't one of us."

"Don't stop him!" Jesus said. "Anyone who isn't against you is for you."

A Samaritan Village Refuses To Receive Jesus

Not long before it was time for Jesus to be taken up to heaven, he
made up his mind to go to Jerusalem. He sent some messengers on ahead
to a Samaritan village to get things ready for him. But he was on his
way to Jerusalem, so the people there refused to welcome him. When
the disciples James and John saw what was happening, they asked,
"Lord, do you want us to call down fire from heaven to destroy these
people?"

But Jesus turned and corrected them for what they had said. Then they
all went on to another village.

Three People Who Wanted To Be Followers

Along the way someone said to Jesus, "I'll go anywhere with you!"

Jesus said, "Foxes have dens, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man
doesn't have a place to call his own."

Jesus told someone else to come with him. But the man said, "Lord, let
me wait until I bury my father."

Jesus answered, "Let the dead take care of the dead, while you go and
tell about God's kingdom."

Then someone said to Jesus, "I want to go with you, Lord, but first
let me go back and take care of things at home."

Jesus answered, "Anyone who starts plowing and keeps looking back
isn't worth a thing to God's kingdom!"

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding is blood for me. Three days later
you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into my heat
as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)