Jeremiah 31:23-40.

Jeremiah 31:23-40 (Good News Translation)

23 "The LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says, "When I restore the
people to their land, they will once again say in the land of Judah
and in its towns, 'May the LORD bless the sacred hill of Jerusalem,
the holy place where he lives.' 24 People will live in Judah and in
all its towns, and there will be farmers, and shepherds with their
flocks. 25 I will refresh those who are weary and will satisfy with
food everyone who is weak from hunger. 26 So then, people will say, "I
went to sleep and woke up refreshed." 27 I, the LORD, say that the
time is coming when I will fill the land of Israel and Judah with
people and animals. 28 And just as I took care to uproot, to pull
down, to overthrow, to destroy, and to demolish them, so I will take
care to plant them and to build them up. 29 When that time comes,
people will no longer say, 'The parents ate the sour grapes, But the
children got the sour taste.' 30 Instead, those who eat sour grapes
will have their own teeth set on edge; and everyone will die because
of their own sin. " 31 The LORD says, "The time is coming when I will
make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of
Judah. 32 It will not be like the old covenant that I made with their
ancestors when I took them by the hand and led them out of Egypt.
Although I was like a husband to them, they did not keep that
covenant. 33 The new covenant that I will make with the people of
Israel will be this: I will put my law within them and write it on
their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34 None
of them will have to teach a neighbor to know the LORD, because all
will know me, from the least to the greatest. I will forgive their
sins and I will no longer remember their wrongs. I, the LORD, have
spoken. " 35 The LORD provides the sun for light by day, the moon and
the stars to shine at night. He stirs up the sea and makes it roar;
his name is the LORD Almighty. 36 He promises that as long as the
natural order lasts, so long will Israel be a nation. 37 If one day
the sky could be measured and the foundations of the earth explored,
only then would he reject the people of Israel because of all they
have done. The LORD has spoken. 38 "The time is coming," says the
LORD, "when all of Jerusalem will be rebuilt as my city, from Hananel
Tower west to the Corner Gate. 39 And the boundary line will continue
from there on the west to the hill of Gareb and then around to Goah.
40 The entire valley, where the dead are buried and garbage is dumped,
and all the fields above Kidron Brook as far as the Horse Gate to the
east, will be sacred to me. The city will never again be torn down or
destroyed."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)