Galatians 4:1-20.

Galatians 4.1-20

Children who are under age are no better off than slaves, even though
everything their parents own will someday be theirs. This is because
children are placed in the care of guardians and teachers until the
time their parents have set. That is how it was with us. We were like
children ruled by the powers of this world.

But when the time was right, God sent his Son, and a woman gave birth
to him. His Son obeyed the Law, so he could set us free from the Law,
and we could become God's children. Now that we are his children, God
has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts. And his Spirit tells
us that God is our Father. You are no longer slaves. You are God's
children, and you will be given what he has promised.

Paul's Concern for the Galatians

Before you knew God, you were slaves of gods that are not real. But
now you know God, or better still, God knows you. How can you turn
back and become the slaves of those weak and pitiful powers? You even
celebrate certain days, months, seasons, and years. I am afraid I
have wasted my time working with you.

My friends, I beg you to be like me, just as I once tried to be like
you. Did you mistreat me when I first preached to you? No you didn't,
even though you knew I had come there because I was sick. My illness
must have caused you some trouble, but you didn't hate me or turn me
away because of it. You welcomed me as though I were one of God's
angels or even Christ Jesus himself. Where is that good feeling now?
I am sure that if it had been possible, you would have taken out your
own eyes and given them to me. Am I now your enemy, just because I
told you the truth?

Those people may be paying you a lot of attention, but it isn't for
your good. They only want to keep you away from me, so you will pay
them a lot of attention. It is always good to give your attention to
something worthwhile, even when I am not with you. My children, I am
in terrible pain until Christ may be seen living in you. I wish I
were with you now. Then I would not have to talk this way. You really
have me puzzled."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)