Luke 1:39-56.

Luke 1.39-56
Mary Visits Elizabeth

"A short time later Mary hurried to a town in the hill country of
Judea. She went into Zechariah's home, where she greeted Elizabeth.
When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, her baby moved within her.

The Holy Spirit came upon Elizabeth. Then in a loud voice she said to Mary:

God has blessed you more than any other woman! He has also blessed the
child you will have. Why should the mother of my Lord come to me? As
soon as I heard your greeting, my baby became happy and moved within
me. The Lord has blessed you because you believed that he will keep
his promise.

Mary's Song of Praise

Mary said:

With all my heart I praise the Lord, and I am glad because of God my
Savior. He cares for me, his humble servant. From now on, all people
will say God has blessed me. God All-Powerful has done great things
for me, and his name is holy. He always shows mercy to everyone who
worships him. The Lord has used his powerful arm to scatter those who
are proud. He drags strong rulers from their thrones and puts humble
people in places of power. God gives the hungry good things to eat,
and sends the rich away with nothing. He helps his servant Israel and
is always merciful to his people. The Lord made this promise to our
ancestors, to Abraham and his family forever!

Mary stayed with Elizabeth about three months. Then she went back home."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ die on
the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days later you
resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into my heart as
my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)