1 Kings 8:14-36.

1 Kings 8.14-36
Solomon Speaks to the People

"Solomon turned toward the people standing there. Then he blessed them
- and said:

Praise the Lord God of Israel! Long ago he brought his people out of
Egypt. He later kept his promise to make my father David the king of
Israel. The Lord also said that he had not chosen the city where his
temple would be built.

So when David wanted to build a temple for the Lord God of Israel,
the Lord said, "It's good that you want to build a temple where I can
be worshiped. But you're not the one to do it. Your son will build a
temple to honor me."

The Lord has done what he promised. I am the king of Israel like my
father, and I've built a temple for the Lord our God. I've also made
a place in the temple for the sacred chest. And in that chest are the
two flat stones on which is written the solemn agreement the Lord made
with our ancestors when he led them out of Egypt.

Solomon Prays at the Temple

Solomon stood facing the altar with everyone standing behind him. Then
he lifted his arms toward heaven and prayed:

Lord God of Israel, no other god in heaven or on earth is like you!

You never forget the agreement you made with your people, and you are
loyal to anyone who faithfully obeys your teachings. My father David
was your servant, and today you have kept every promise you made to
him.

Lord God of Israel, you promised my father that someone from his
family would always be king of Israel, if they do their best to obey
you, just as he did. Please keep this promise you made to your
servant David.

There's not enough room in all of heaven for you, Lord God. How could
you possibly live on earth in this temple I have built? But I ask you
to answer my prayer. This is the temple where you have chosen to be
worshiped. Please watch over it day and night and listen when I turn
toward it and pray. I am your servant, and the people of Israel
belong to you. So whenever any of us look toward this temple and pray,
answer from your home in heaven and forgive our sins.

Suppose someone accuses a person of a crime, and the accused has to
stand in front of the altar in your temple and say, "I swear I am
innocent!" Listen from heaven and decide who is right. Then punish
the guilty person and let the innocent one go free.

Suppose your people Israel sin against you, and then an enemy defeats
them. If they come to this temple and beg for forgiveness, listen
from your home in heaven. Forgive them and bring them back to the land
you gave their ancestors.

Suppose your people sin against you, and you punish them by holding
back the rain. If they turn toward this temple and pray in your name
and stop sinning, listen from your home in heaven and forgive them.
The people of Israel are your servants, so teach them to live right.
And please send rain on the land you promised them forever."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)