1 Kings 18:1-19.

1 Kings 18.1-19
Elijah Proves He Is the Lord's Prophet

"For three years no rain fell in Samaria, and there was almost nothing
to eat anywhere. The Lord said to Elijah, "Go and meet with King Ahab.
I will soon make it rain." So Elijah went to see Ahab.

At that time Obadiah was in charge of Ahab's palace, but he faithfully
worshiped the Lord. In fact, when Jezebel was trying to kill the
Lord's prophets, Obadiah hid one hundred of them in two caves and gave
them food and water.

Ahab sent for Obadiah and said, "We have to find something for our
horses and mules to eat. If we don't, we will have to kill them. Let's
look around every creek and spring in the country for some grass. You
go one way, and I'll go the other." Then they left in separate
directions.

As Obadiah was walking along, he met Elijah. Obadiah recognized him,
bowed down, and asked, "Elijah, is it really you?"

"Yes. Go tell Ahab I'm here."

Obadiah replied:

King Ahab would kill me if I told him that. And I haven't even done
anything wrong. I swear to you in the name of the living Lord your
God that the king has looked everywhere for you. He sent people to
look in every country, and when they couldn't find you, he made the
leader of each country swear that you were not in that country. Do
you really want me to tell him you're here?

What if the Lord's Spirit takes you away as soon as I leave? When Ahab
comes to get you, he won't find you. Then he will surely kill me.

I have worshiped the Lord since I was a boy. I even hid one hundred
of the Lord's prophets in caves when Jezebel was trying to kill them.
I also gave them food and water. Do you really want me to tell Ahab
you're here? He will kill me!

Elijah said, "I'm a servant of the living Lord All-Powerful, and I
swear in his name that I will meet with Ahab today."

Obadiah left and told Ahab where to find Elijah.

Ahab went to meet Elijah, and when he saw him, Ahab shouted, "There
you are, the biggest troublemaker in Israel!"

Elijah answered:

You're the troublemaker-not me! You and your family have disobeyed the
Lord's commands by worshiping Baal.

Call together everyone from Israel and have them meet me on Mount
Carmel. Be sure to bring along the four hundred fifty prophets of Baal
and the four hundred prophets of Asherah who eat at Jezebel's table."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)