Mark 16:9-20

Mark 16.9-20
ONE OLD ENDING TO MARK'S GOSPEL

Jesus Appears to Mary Magdalene

"Very early on the first day of the week, after Jesus had risen to
life, he appeared to Mary Magdalene. Earlier he had forced seven
demons out of her. She left and told his friends, who were crying and
mourning. Even though they heard that Jesus was alive and that Mary
had seen him, they would not believe it.

Jesus Appears to Two Disciples

Later, Jesus appeared in another form to two disciples, as they were
on their way out of the city. But when these disciples told what had
happened, the others would not believe.

What Jesus' Followers Must Do

Afterwards, Jesus appeared to his eleven disciples as they were
eating. He scolded them because they were too stubborn to believe the
ones who had seen him after he had been raised to life. Then he told
them:

Go and preach the good news to everyone in the world. Anyone who
believes me and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to
believe me will be condemned. Everyone who believes me will be able
to do wonderful things. By using my name they will force out demons,
and they will speak new languages. They will handle snakes and will
drink poison and not be hurt. They will also heal sick people by
placing their hands on them.

Jesus Returns to Heaven

After the Lord Jesus had said these things to the disciples, he was
taken back up to heaven where he sat down at the right side of God.
Then the disciples left and preached everywhere. The Lord was with
them, and the miracles they worked proved that their message was true.

ANOTHER OLD ENDING TO MARK'S GOSPEL

The women quickly told Peter and his friends what had happened. Later,
Jesus sent the disciples to the east and to the west with his sacred
and everlasting message of how people can be saved forever."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I acccept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24