John 10:7-30.

John 10.7-30
Jesus Is the Good Shepherd

Jesus said:

"I tell you for certain that I am the gate for the sheep. Everyone
who came before me was a thief or a robber, and the sheep did not
listen to any of them. I am the gate. All who come in through me will
be saved. Through me they will come and go and find pasture.

A thief comes only to rob, kill, and destroy. I came so that everyone
would have life, and have it in its fullest. I am the good shepherd,
and the good shepherd gives up his life for his sheep. Hired workers
are not like the shepherd. They don't own the sheep, and when they see
a wolf coming, they run off and leave the sheep. Then the wolf attacks
and scatters the flock. Hired workers run away because they don't
care about the sheep.

I am the good shepherd. I know my sheep, and they know me. Just as
the Father knows me, I know the Father, and I give up my life for my
sheep. I have other sheep that are not in this sheep pen. I must
bring them together too, when they hear my voice. Then there will be
one flock of sheep and one shepherd.

The Father loves me, because I give up my life, so that I may receive
it back again. No one takes my life from me. I give it up willingly!
I have the power to give it up and the power to receive it back again,
just as my Father commanded me to do.

The people took sides because of what Jesus had told them. Many of
them said, "He has a demon in him! He is crazy! Why listen to him?"

But others said, "How could anyone with a demon in him say these
things? No one like that could give sight to a blind person!"

Jesus Is Rejected

That winter, Jesus was in Jerusalem for the Temple Festival. One day
he was walking in that part of the temple known as Solomon's Porch,
and the people gathered all around him. They said, "How long are you
going to keep us guessing? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly!"

Jesus answered:

I have told you, and you refused to believe me. The things I do by my
Father's authority show who I am. But since you are not my sheep, you
don't believe me. My sheep know my voice, and I know them. They
follow me, and I give them eternal life, so that they will never be
lost. No one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father gave them to
me, and he is greater than all others. No one can snatch them from his
hands, and I am one with the Father."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24