Luke 22:47-71.

Luke 22.47-71
Jesus Is Arrested

"While Jesus was still speaking, a crowd came up. It was led by Judas,
one of the twelve apostles. He went over to Jesus and greeted him with
a kiss.

Jesus asked Judas, "Are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?"

When Jesus' disciples saw what was about to happen, they asked, "Lord,
should we attack them with a sword?" One of the disciples even struck
at the high priest's servant with his sword and cut off the servant's
right ear.

"Enough of that!" Jesus said. Then he touched the servant's ear and healed it.

Jesus spoke to the chief priests, the temple police, and the leaders
who had come to arrest him. He said, "Why do you come out with swords
and clubs and treat me like a criminal? I was with you every day in
the temple, and you didn't arrest me. But this is your time, and
darkness is in control."

Peter Says He Doesn't Know Jesus

Jesus was arrested and led away to the house of the high priest, while
Peter followed at a distance. Some people built a fire in the middle
of the courtyard and were sitting around it. Peter sat there with
them, and a servant girl saw him. Then after she had looked at him
carefully, she said, "This man was with Jesus!"

Peter said, "Woman, I don't even know that man!"

A little later someone else saw Peter and said, "You are one of them!"

"No, I'm not!" Peter replied.

About an hour later another man insisted, "This man must have been
with Jesus. They both come from Galilee."

Peter replied, "I don't know what you are talking about!" Right then,
while Peter was still speaking, a rooster crowed.

The Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered that the
Lord had said, "Before a rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will say
three times that you don't know me." Then Peter went out and cried
hard.

The men who were guarding Jesus made fun of him and beat him. They
put a blindfold on him and said, "Tell us who struck you!" They kept
on insulting Jesus in many other ways.

Jesus Is Questioned by the Council

At daybreak the nation's leaders, the chief priests, and the teachers
of the Law of Moses got together and brought Jesus before their
council. They said, "Tell us! Are you the Messiah?"

Jesus replied, "If I said so, you wouldn't believe me. And if I asked
you a question, you wouldn't answer. But from now on, the Son of Man
will be seated at the right side of God All-Powerful."

Then they asked, "Are you the Son of God?"

Jesus answered, "You say I am!"

They replied, "Why do we need more witnesses? He said it himself!"

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)