John 12:1-11.

John 12.1-11
At Bethany

"Six days before Passover Jesus went back to Bethany, where he had
raised Lazarus from death. A meal had been prepared for Jesus. Martha
was doing the serving, and Lazarus himself was there.

Mary took a very expensive bottle of perfume and poured it on Jesus'
feet. She wiped them with her hair, and the sweet smell of the perfume
filled the house.

A disciple named Judas Iscariot was there. He was the one who was
going to betray Jesus, and he asked, "Why wasn't this perfume sold
for three hundred silver coins and the money given to the poor?"
Judas did not really care about the poor. He asked this because he
carried the moneybag and sometimes would steal from it.

Jesus replied, "Leave her alone! She has kept this perfume for the day
of my burial. You will always have the poor with you, but you won't
always have me."

A Plot To Kill Lazarus

A lot of people came when they heard that Jesus was there. They also
wanted to see Lazarus, because Jesus had raised him from death. So
the chief priests made plans to kill Lazarus. He was the reason that
many of the Jewish leaders were turning from them and putting their
faith in Jesus."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)