Philippians 3:12-4:1.

Philippians 3.12-4.1
Running toward the Goal

"I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has
taken hold of me. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of
the prize. My friends, I don't feel that I have already arrived. But
I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead. I run
toward the goal, so that I can win the prize of being called to
heaven. This is the prize that God offers because of what Christ Jesus
has done. All of us who are mature should think in this same way. And
if any of you think differently, God will make it clear to you. But
we must keep going in the direction that we are now headed.

My friends, I want you to follow my example and learn from others who
closely follow the example we set for you. I often warned you that
many people are living as enemies of the cross of Christ. And now with
tears in my eyes, I warn you again that they are headed for hell!
They worship their stomachs and brag about the disgusting things they
do. All they can think about are the things of this world.

But we are citizens of heaven and are eagerly waiting for our Savior
to come from there. Our Lord Jesus Christ has power over everything,
and he will make these poor bodies of ours like his own glorious body.

Dear friends, I love you and long to see you. Please keep on being
faithful to the Lord. You are my pride and joy."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. I in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)