Psalm 27:1-14

Psalm 27.1-14
(By David.)
A Prayer of Praise

"You, Lord, are the light that keeps me safe. I am not afraid of
anyone. You protect me, and I have no fears. Brutal people may attack
and try to kill me, but they will stumble. Fierce enemies may attack,
but they will fall. Armies may surround me, but I won't be afraid; war
may break out, but I will trust you.

I ask only one thing, Lord: Let me live in your house every day of my
life to see how wonderful you are and to pray in your temple.

In times of trouble, you will protect me. You will hide me in your
tent and keep me safe on top of a mighty rock. You will let me defeat
all of my enemies. Then I will celebrate, as I enter your tent with
animal sacrifices and songs of praise.

Please listen when I pray! Have pity. Answer my prayer. My heart tells
me to pray. I am eager to see your face, so don't hide from me. I am
your servant, and you have helped me. Don't turn from me in anger. You
alone keep me safe. Don't reject or desert me. Even if my father and
mother should desert me, you will take care of me.

Teach me to follow, Lord, and lead me on the right path because of my
enemies. Don't let them do to me what they want. People tell lies
about me and make terrible threats, but I know I will live to see how
kind you are.

Trust the Lord! Be brave and strong and trust the Lord."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)