Luke 9:28-43a

Luke 9.28-43a

"About eight days later Jesus took Peter, John, and James with him and
went up on a mountain to pray. While he was praying, his face
changed, and his clothes became shining white. Suddenly Moses and
Elijah were there speaking with him. They appeared in heavenly glory
and talked about all that Jesus' death in Jerusalem would mean.

Peter and the other two disciples had been sound asleep. All at once
they woke up and saw how glorious Jesus was. They also saw the two men
who were with him.

Moses and Elijah were about to leave, when Peter said to Jesus,
"Master, it is good for us to be here! Let us make three shelters, one
for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." But Peter did not know
what he was talking about.

While Peter was still speaking, a shadow from a cloud passed over
them, and they were frightened as the cloud covered them. From the
cloud a voice spoke, "This is my chosen Son. Listen to what he says!"

After the voice had spoken, Peter, John, and James saw only Jesus. For
some time they kept quiet and did not say anything about what they had
seen.

The next day Jesus and his three disciples came down from the mountain
and were met by a large crowd. Just then someone in the crowd
shouted, "Teacher, please do something for my son! He is my only
child! A demon often attacks him and makes him scream. It shakes him
until he foams at the mouth, and it won't leave him until it has
completely worn the boy out. I begged your disciples to force out the
demon, but they couldn't do it."

Jesus said to them, "You people are stubborn and don't have any faith!
How much longer must I be with you? Why do I have to put up with you?"

Then Jesus said to the man, "Bring your son to me." While the boy was
being brought, the demon attacked him and made him shake all over.
Jesus ordered the demon to stop. Then he healed the boy and gave him
back to his father. Everyone was amazed at God's great power."

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)