Luke 20:1-18.

Luke 20:1-18 (GNT)

1 One day when Jesus was in the Temple teaching the people and
preaching the Good News, the chief priests and the teachers of the
Law, together with the elders, came 2 and said to him, "Tell us, what
right do you have to do these things? Who gave you such right?" 3
Jesus answered them, "Now let me ask you a question. Tell me, 4 did
John's right to baptize come from God or from human beings? " 5 They
started to argue among themselves, "What shall we say? If we say,
"From God," he will say, "Why, then, did you not believe John?" 6 But
if we say, "From human beings," this whole crowd here will stone us,
because they are convinced that John was a prophet. " 7 So they
answered, "We don't know where it came from." 8 And Jesus said to
them, "Neither will I tell you, then, by what right I do these
things." 9 Then Jesus told the people this parable: "There was once a
man who planted a vineyard, rented it out to tenants, and then left
home for a long time. 10 When the time came to gather the grapes, he
sent a slave to the tenants to receive from them his share of the
harvest. But the tenants beat the slave and sent him back without a
thing. 11 So he sent another slave; but the tenants beat him also,
treated him shamefully, and sent him back without a thing. 12 Then he
sent a third slave; the tenants wounded him, too, and threw him out.
13 Then the owner of the vineyard said, "What shall I do? I will send
my own dear son; surely they will respect him!" 14 But when the
tenants saw him, they said to one another, "This is the owner's son.
Let's kill him, and his property will be ours!" 15 So they threw him
out of the vineyard and killed him. "What, then, will the owner of the
vineyard do to the tenants?" Jesus asked. 16 "He will come and kill
those men, and turn the vineyard over to other tenants." When the
people heard this, they said, "Surely not!" 17 Jesus looked at them
and asked, What, then, does this scripture mean? 'The stone which the
builders rejected as worthless turned out to be the most important of
all.' 18 Everyone who falls on that stone will be cut to pieces; and
if that stone falls on someone, that person will be crushed to dust. "

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days you
resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into my heart as
my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)