Luke 9:18-27.

Luke 9.18-27

"When Jesus was alone praying, his disciples came to him, and he asked
them, "What do people say about me?"

They answered, "Some say that you are John the Baptist or Elijah or a
prophet from long ago who has come back to life."

Jesus then asked them, "But who do you say I am?"

Peter answered, "You are the Messiah sent from God."

Jesus strictly warned his disciples not to tell anyone about this.

Jesus Speaks about His Suffering and Death

Jesus told his disciples, "The nation's leaders, the chief priests,
and the teachers of the Law of Moses will make the Son of Man suffer
terribly. They will reject him and kill him, but three days later he
will rise to life."

Then Jesus said to all the people:

If any of you want to be my followers, you must forget about yourself.
You must take up your cross each day and follow me. If you want to
save your life, you will destroy it. But if you give up your life for
me, you will save it. What will you gain, if you own the whole world
but destroy yourself or waste your life? If you are ashamed of me and
my message, the Son of Man will be ashamed of you when he comes in his
glory and in the glory of his Father and the holy angels. You can be
sure that some of the people standing here will not die before they
see God's kingdom."

Please say this prayer:

Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)