2 Chronicles 6:1-21.

2 Chronicles 6.1-21
Solomon prayed:

"Our Lord, you said that you would live in a dark cloud. Now I've
built a glorious temple where you can live forever."

Solomon Speaks to the People

Solomon turned toward the people standing there. Then he blessed them
- and said:

Praise the Lord God of Israel! He brought his people out of Egypt long
ago and later kept his promise to make my father David the king of
Israel. The Lord also promised him that Jerusalem would be the city
where his temple will be built, and now that promise has come true.

When my father wanted to build a temple for the Lord God of Israel,
the Lord said, "It's good that you want to build a temple where I can
be worshiped. But you're not the one to do it. Your son will build
the temple to honor me."

The Lord has done what he promised. I am now the king of Israel, and
I've built a temple for the Lord our God. I've also put the sacred
chest in the temple. And in that chest are the two flat stones on
which is written the solemn agreement the Lord made with our ancestors
when he rescued them from Egypt.

Solomon Prays at the Temple

Earlier, Solomon had a bronze platform made that was about eight feet
square and five feet high, and he put it in the center of the outer
courtyard near the altar. Solomon stood on the platform facing the
altar with everyone standing behind him. Then he lifted his arms
toward heaven; he knelt down and prayed:

Lord God of Israel, no other god in heaven or on earth is like you!

You never forget the agreement you made with your people, and you are
loyal to anyone who faithfully obeys your teachings. My father David
was your servant, and today you have kept every promise you made to
him.

You promised that someone from his family would always be king of
Israel, if they do their best to obey you, just as he did. Please
keep this promise you made to your servant David. There's not enough
room in all of heaven for you, Lord God. How could you possibly live
on earth in this temple I have built? But I ask you to answer my
prayer. This is the temple where you have chosen to be worshiped.
Please watch over it day and night and listen when I turn toward it
and pray. I am your servant, and the people of Israel belong to you,
and so whenever any of us look toward this temple and pray, answer
from your home in heaven and forgive our sins.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)